Student Blogging Challenge Week 9

“What’s so Great about Family?”

Having a family is a great blessing. So many people aren’t fortunate enough to even know there families that’s why the people how know them need to be thankful for them.  But what is so great about families because they must be a blessing for a reason. Having a great and loving family I think I can answer this question. A family is great because although they’re not perfect they should look after you, have your back and mold you to be who you are.

Having a family has many benefits one of these benefits is having people to look after you. This doesn’t mean you sit around and do nothing all day as you parents bring you food. I think it means you have people to provide for you but you give back by helping out by doing what is asked of you, like your chores or doing your best in everything so your parents will be proud of you. You give a little you get a little a family should always help you out.

A family is great because they always have your back. I know personally I don’t do many things perfect but when I do mess out its nice to have people that have your back. This doesn’t mean they’ll stick up for your every choice this simple means when you do fail they will correct you and set you straight.  A family helps you to see your imperfections and helps you fix them. This is what I think it means to have someone’s back.

Families mold you to who you will become. We spend so much time with our families and whether we like it or not we get many of there tendencies.  This is why families are so great they help mold each other. You may start out with a rough mold but over time a family works on you. In the end of your time with your family hopefully they help smooth you out so you can be a great person.

This is why families are great because whether you like it or not you are your family no matter where you’ve been or where your going.

Image by: Google Images advanced search

Read more at: Wikipedia and Family Ties

2 thoughts on “Student Blogging Challenge Week 9

1. G’day Joseph,
    An interesting post about family. I love the examples you mention about what makes a great family.

For those students who don’t have such a great example for family, maybe they will find a family of sorts at school with their friends and teachers.

2. Hello Joseph,

I most definitely agree with you: “Family is the greatest blessing.” Sometimes, in this fast paced world, it can be easy to forget to tell our family members how thankful we are to have them in our lives.

So, thank you for the wonderful post of how important it is to remember to be thankful for the families we have. It is amazing how just taking a little time every day to tell all of the members of your family – how much you love them and how much they mean to you – can really make a difference. (Parents love to hear it too. 🙂 It makes our hearts melt with warmth, love, and joy.)

Keep up your beautiful thoughts,

Ms. Mara (homeschool mom – participating in the student blog challenge)

P.S. I added your to our class Padlet wall about what makes a great family. Here is the link: Homeschool Towers